Try these easy healthy fruit nut bars…
- 450g (1lb) eating apples, stewed
- 5 tablespoons orange juice
- 225g (8oz) mixed dried fruit
- (eg apricots, dates, cranberries, etc), roughly chopped
- 100g (3½oz) mixed nuts
- (eg almonds, hazelnuts, etc), chopped
- 75g (2¾oz) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 25g (1oz) desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/ 350ºF/gas mark 4.
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix together.
- Spoon into a lightly greased and lined 20cm square baking tin.
- Smooth out and press down slightly, then bake for 35–40 minutes, until golden and firm.
- Mark into 16 pieces.
- Leave in the tin to cool.
Individual strawberry cheesecakes
6 ‘light’ digestive biscuits (for non diabetic/healthier option use ordinary biscuit)
1 tub of cream cheese (extra light)
2 tablespoons of sweetener (Or sugar for non diabetic/healthier option)
6 strawberries Hulled, washed, and sliced
In a bowl mix the cream cheese with sweetener (adding more sweetener to taste if desired)
Place biscuits on serving tray and spoon cream cheese onto each biscuit and ‘flatten with back of spoon’
Add sliced strawberries and place in fridge for about half an hour before serving